For all interviewee-guests, please help us by clicking the "Recommend" button on the homepage here
AND "Like" on our Facebook page, The Long View Radio. Thank you!
The Long View Welcomes Its Sustainability Focused Guests
Thank you for being a guest on The Long View. You will have been contacted by email by the time you need to read these preparation notes. Please maintain the sender's email address (Isa or Bryan). You will need it to provide some information a week or 2 before the interview.
The broadcasted interview is approximately 20 minutes long, from 10:00 am to 10:20 am the first and last Wednesdays of any month.
You will normally be asked to pre-record the interview. This can occur:
1. Face to face at the Lowell Community TV station (visit ltc.org for directions)
2. Face to face at a convenient quiet location for everyone
3. [Likely with Isa Cann] audio recorded via a Skype phonecall
If the interview is not prerecorded (broadcast live), there are several recording scenarios:
1. Sometimes it can be arranged that The Long View Hosts and his/her guest can be called on their non digital (non-cellphone and non skype) old-fashioned landline from the WUML studio. Jim Giddings or another studio technician will facilitate in this case.
2. Or the interview is conducted with at least the Host or the guest being in the studio, while the other participant in the interview (host or interviewee) is remote and contacted on their landline phone (non-cellphone and non skype).
3. We have added a third (and likely option for interviews with Isa Cann): Skype. Both Host and Interviewee must have Skype installed on their computers with a good mic. Guests must be aware of where the mic is located on their computers to maintain the same distance from the mic throughout the interview please.
If we have agreed to call you from a recording studio because you can not make it to Lowell, please provide a landline phone number by email to the interviewer, and c.c. it as well to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address will reach Jim Giddings. Usually, Jim is at the sound board on Wednesday mornings. The studio will call the interviewer and guest, and teh Host and guest will be on hold for a few minutes. So please be ready by 9:50 am. Then The Long View segment intro music will be broadcast and then the Host/interviewer will say "Good morning [John Smith], Welcome to the Long View" - and then you're off! The interview starts and runs for approximately 20 minutes. Be aware, it passes very quickly, so please listen to the questions carefully, respond to the questions at hand only, and allow the interviewer to direct the course of the interview.
We will email sample questions so your get your bearings and consider responses, a week or so ahead. Alternatively, if there are topics you want to address during the interview, please email us at your earliest convenience. We will try to incorporate your [noncommercial] focus.
On your part, please provide 2 or 3 weblinks and their descriptions via email to online information that elaborates or further informs your The Long View interviewer towards more intelligent questions. If there are none, please let us know that (they don't have to be only US models of information, organizations, etc.).
Please do NOT "sell" your business during the interview. You might be introduced as "John Smith of Egal Solar" but that will be the last the listeners hear of your business association per community radio parameters. This is nonprofit community programming. On the other hand, TheLongView.org website can feature a logo and a link to your organization's website. We welcome donations and/or Sponsorships to help us with the administration of the website and other program needs. A Sponsorship of $125. for a 1/2 year posts your logo, a link to your organization and prominent placement in the right hand column of the homepage. Please consider helping.
Alternatively, we request that you consider donating $49. via PayPal for use of the audio on your website, blog or other online media (e.g., sustainability audio catalog). Citing TheLongView.org as the source of the audio in any venue is 100% required. Thank you.